Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 13 October 2022
PART A – GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘Starbucks Rewards’ mobile application (the App) provided by Starbucks Coffee Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 73 169 062 926) (Starbucks, we, us, our). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
1.2 The App is a software application for use with compatible iOS and Android devices (Device).
1.3 The App is only available to be downloaded in Australia and used at Starbucks Australia stores.
1.4 By accessing and using the App, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions you must not access, or must stop accessing, the App.
1.5 When you download and use certain features of the App for the first time, you will be asked to create an account with Starbucks (a Starbucks Account). As part of the account registration process, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions.
1.6 If you have an existing Member ID, any accrued Stars, earned Rewards, or Starbucks Pay balance will be transferred to the App when you create a Starbucks Account using your Member ID.
1.7 You must not do anything with this App which is not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
1.8 Starbucks reserves the right to suspend or terminate the App, discontinue any features or functionalities (Features) of the App or your specific Starbucks Account, with or without cause or notice, at any time.
1.9 Structure of these Terms and Conditions explained
Part A of these Terms and Conditions set out the general terms that apply to your use of the App.
Part B of these Terms and Conditions sets out the terms that apply to certain Features that may be available on the App from time to time. Terms applying to any new Features introduced will be added to Part B. Features on the App can be used, in accordance with their terms, for and in Starbucks stores in Australia (Starbucks Stores). Some Features will require you to scan your virtual card which you can access in the App using the “Card” button (Starbucks Card).
2. Starbucks Account
2.1 How do I set up a Starbucks Account?
- You can use your existing Member ID on the App to create a Starbucks Account (note that the App replaces the existing Starbucks mobile app), OR you can create a new account.
- To register a Starbucks Account and use this on the App you must:
- have an internet-enabled compatible iOS (iOS 12 or later release) or Android (Android 9 (Pie) or later release) Device that is produced from 2018 onwards;
- download the App from the Apple or Google Play app stores;
- provide the requested information including your mobile number, name, email address and date of birth (optional). You must ensure that all information that you provide when you register your Starbucks Account and use the App is accurate, complete, current and not misleading; and
- create an account password which must include lowercase and uppercase characters, a digit and/or special character and be at least 8 characters.
- As part of the Starbucks Account registration process, we will verify your mobile number by sending you a verification SMS. You will need to verify your mobile number before continuing with the registration process.
- Once registration has been completed, you will be sent an email to verify your email address. You will need to verify your email to use your Starbucks Account.
- Each person can only register one Starbucks Account. Starbucks may block or suspend one or more Starbucks Accounts that are associated with the same person. Your Starbucks Account is personal to you and cannot be assigned.
- We reserve the right to refuse to register a Starbucks Account for any reason.
- Starbucks Accounts using temporary email addresses are not permitted, and registration will be refused.
- Devices that are ‘jailbroken’ or ‘rooted’ are prohibited from using the App and will be blocked from using the App.
2.2 Starbucks Account Security
- You must take steps to secure your Device(s) on which the App has been downloaded and your Starbucks Account credentials.
- You are responsible for ensuring that:
- your password is kept secret and secure (e.g. not recorded with or on your Device), not easily guessed or deciphered (e.g. your date of birth), and not shared with another person;
- you are the only person that uses your Starbucks Account. You must not authorise anyone else to use your Starbucks Account;
- you only log onto your Starbucks Account on one Device at any time;
- your Starbucks Account information is updated if your details change.
- You should take steps to re-secure your Starbucks Account (including by changing your password) if:
- your Device is lost or stolen; or
- you suspect or become aware that your Starbucks Account or credentials have been compromised.
- Starbucks is entitled to assume that the person who logs in to your Starbucks Account with the correct password is you, and we are not responsible for any unauthorised activity on your Starbucks Account (including any loss or damage) by such person. We may refer fraudulent or abusive or illegal activity to the relevant authorities.
- Starbucks may add, vary, enforce or implement any security measures to the App as Starbucks considers appropriate from time to time. These measures may vary the way you use the App.
- Security of the App is important to Starbucks. However, Starbucks cannot guarantee that the App or its Features will always be available, fault-free and secure or that it will be free from viruses or other harmful programmes.
- By using the App, you acknowledge that you are aware of, and accept this risk, including, without limitation, the risk that a third party may gain access to your Starbucks Account which contains your personal and confidential information.
3. Starbucks Rewards Mobile App
3.1 Keeping the App up to date
We release new versions of the App from time to time. Please keep the App updated to the most current version at all times. Older versions of the App may not function properly, or at all.
3.2 Mobile data usage
The App requires mobile internet connectivity to function properly. It will consume data from your mobile device. You are responsible for any data charges that you may incur in using the App.
3.3 Starbucks Card
The App allows you to display your Starbucks Card so that it can be scanned at our point of sale terminals. You may need to present your Starbucks Card in order to interact with certain Features. Please increase the brightness of your screen when scanning your Starbucks Card at the terminal. The Starbucks Card is unique and linked to your Starbucks Account.
3.4 Location information
- Some Features of the App may require you to consent to Starbucks and our third party service providers accessing information about your current location. For example, the App may require information about your current location to help you find your closest Starbucks Store.
- Starbucks collects and uses your location information to provide the functionalities of those Features. The Features may implement software components (for example mapping services) that are provided by third parties. Those third parties may gather and report information about you in connection with your use of the App for the purpose of providing those components.
- The App will seek your permission by a pop message on your Device, and you indicate your consent by enabling location services and giving the App the requested permission through your Device’s native operating system. You can also change these settings from time to time directly on the Device’s operating system.
- If you do not enable location services and give the App the requested permissions, then certain Features of the App may not function properly, or at all.
- You must not manipulate the location information reported by your Device when using the App (even if such manipulation is a feature of the Device, for example, under “developer options”). Starbucks may suspend or cancel your Starbucks Account if Starbucks has reasonable grounds to suspect that the location information reported by your Device has been manipulated.
4.1 You acknowledge and agree that:
- the App may feature advertisements from Starbucks from time to time; and
- Starbucks is not responsible for the content of any third party advertisements, nor the content of any website or other materials that may be linked to by third party advertisements, and you view such third party websites and materials at your sole risk.
4.2 The App may also send push notifications to you via your Device’s native operating system (for example, to notify you of a promotion available at a nearby store, or to remind you of upcoming expiry of promotions). Depending on your Device’s native operation system and your settings, these push notifications may appear as a pop up box, a “badge” on the Apps icon or a message in the notification centre of your Device. You can manage push notifications directly in the settings of your Device.
5.1 We collect personal information directly from you when you register for a Starbucks Account, and when you use the App.
5.2 The personal information that we collect from your Starbucks Account and your use of the App includes:
- your name, mobile number, email address, date of birth and other information that you provide when registering a Starbucks Account and use the App;
- if you have consented (see paragraph 3.4 above) and you have the App running, your location data;
- other information that you provide, and information about the choices that you make, in relation to the specific Feature that you use;
- if you utilise any Feature on your App to process or conduct transactions, the transaction information processed through that Feature;
- information about the way you use the App and your settings preferences; and
- technical information about your Device, such as your operating system version, Device type and model.
5.3 Some Features may collect sensitive information from you. You will be notified of this, and Starbucks’s purpose of collection, when you first use such Feature. By continuing to use the Feature, you consent to Starbucks collecting such sensitive information from you for the stated purpose.
5.4 We collect, use and disclose this information for the purpose of providing Features and our services related to the App (including to personalise those Features and services), processing transactions and payments, administering your Starbucks Account, providing you with recommendations (including personalised recommendations) in relation to Starbucks products or services and other marketing related purposes, and for dealing with your enquiries and requests.
5.5 If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to use some or all of the Features or services available as part of the App, receive updates from Starbucks or have Starbucks answer or respond to your enquiry or request.
5.6 If Starbucks holds personal information about you that it has collected from different sources (other than through the App) such as your interaction with Starbucks through Facebook, any other social media and/or Google or any of our trusted partners, Starbucks may combine this personal information into a single record.
5.7 We may, from time to time, seek your consent for you to receive direct marketing communications from us about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you have given your consent (including in your previous dealings with Starbucks and our products or services), then we may send you direct marketing communications, and may collect, use and disclose your personal information for such purpose. At any time you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, by contacting us (see the details at section 15 below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
5.8 We may disclose your personal information to:
- external service providers and marketing organisations (and have those third parties collect your personal information on our behalf via their software); and
- our trusted partners, suppliers, dealers, distributors and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships,
5.9 We may also disclose your personal information as a part of the management of the App to our contractors, third party service providers and agents who supply to us administrative services in connection with the App and also to government bodies and regulatory authorities (where required or authorised by law).
5.10 Some of our service providers operate in overseas locations and we may therefore need to disclose or transfer your information overseas in order to receive these service provider services. Where we share your personal information with such entities, we will do so in compliance with Australian privacy laws and will take reasonable steps to ensure that such entities agree to similarly protect that information.
6. Intellectual Property
6.1 Starbucks owns or has obtained a valid licence to use all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in connection with the App. All rights of ownership over and in respect of the App (other than the right to use the App in accordance with these Terms and Conditions), will remain solely with Starbucks and/or its licensors (as the case may be).
6.2 Starbucks grants you a non-exclusive and personal licence to use the App and its available Features in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You must not reproduce, transmit, communicate, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish or otherwise use any of the material on the App, including any content in the App, except as permitted by statute or with our prior written consent.
6.3 Starbucks is not required to provide any documentation, support, telephone assistance, or enhancements or updates to the App.
7. Third Party Terms and Licenses
7.1 Starbucks uses third party applications, services and software in the App including, but not limited to location map services software, market analytics software and market intelligence software. All of which may gather and report information about you in connection with your use of the App (such as location information, Device information and user content).
7.2 From time to time, certain functionalities of the App may invoke third party Apps on your Device (for example, your email App or your map App). You will be notified of this with a pop up box. The use of those third party Apps are subject to the terms and conditions of those Apps, and Starbucks is not liable for the third party Apps or the providers of those third party Apps.
7.5 NOTE: As between Starbucks and you, the above does not exclude our liability to you to the extent such liability cannot be excluded by law, in which case sections 11 and 12 of these Terms and Conditions apply.
8. APPLE APP STORE TERMS
8.1 In this section 8:
- Apple means Apple Inc. of 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, USA.
- Apple App Store means the store operated by Apple through which it makes applications available for devices running the iOS operating system.
8.2 If you obtained the App from the Apple App Store, you and Starbucks acknowledge and agree that (to the full extent permitted by applicable law):
- this document is concluded between you and Starbucks only, and not with Apple, and Starbucks, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App and the content thereof;
- the licence to use the App is a non-transferable licence which permits you to use the App on any Apple-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service, except that the App may be accessed and used by other accounts associated with you via family sharing or volume purchasing;
- Starbucks is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the App as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App, either under these Terms and Conditions or applicable law;
- Starbucks, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including but not limited to:
- product liability claims;
- any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; or
- claims arising under consumer protection, privacy or similar legislation, including with the App’s use of the HealthKit and HomeKit frameworks;
- in the event of any third party claim that the App or possession and/or use of the App by you infringes that third party’s Intellectual Property rights, Starbucks, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such claim;
- Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms and Conditions;
- upon your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms and Conditions against you as a third party beneficiary thereof; and
- in the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price of the App (if any) to you. You acknowledge that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be dealt with by Starbucks in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. Google and Google Play Terms
9.1 In this section 9:
- Google means Google LLC, a Delaware limited liability company with principal place of business at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, United States’ Google Ireland Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland with principal place of business at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; Google Commerce Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland with principal place of business at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; or Google Asia Pacific Pte. Limited, a company incorporated in Singapore with principal place of business at 70 Pasir Panjang Road, #03-71, Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117371. Google may update the Google entities and their addresses from time to time; and
- Google Play means the service provided by Google which, subject to the Google Play Terms of Service and Google Terms of Service, makes available apps (including Android Instant Apps), games, music, movies, books, magazines, or other digital content or services.
9.2 If you obtained the App from the Google Play store, you and Starbucks acknowledge and agree that (to the full extent permitted by applicable law):
- this document is concluded solely between you and Starbucks. Google will not be responsible for, and will not have any liability whatsoever under, these Terms and Conditions and Starbucks, not Google, is solely responsible for the App; and
- you will contact Starbucks concerning any defects or performance issues in the App. Google will not be responsible for, and will not undertake or handle support or maintenance of the App or complaints about the App. For customer support and legal purposes contact Starbucks (see contact details at section 15 below).
10.1 Starbucks reserves the right to suspend or terminate the App, any functionality of Features of the App, with or without cause, at any time. In these circumstances Starbucks will notify you as soon as practicable via email.
10.2 In addition to our right to terminate in section 10.1, we may suspend or terminate your Starbucks Account immediately where you fail to comply with a material term in these Terms and Conditions or where we reasonably suspect that you are misusing the App. Suspended or terminated Starbucks Account cannot be used to access the App.
10.3 If Starbucks suspends or terminates your Starbucks Account, you are not permitted to create a new Starbucks Account to circumvent the suspension or termination. Starbucks may at any time permanently block an individual from creating or administering an account at its sole discretion if it has reasonable cause to do so.
10.4 Starbucks may from time to time phase out support for Devices or operating system versions that are old or obsolete. Starbucks will endeavour to provide reasonable notice where particular Devices or operating system versions will no longer be supported. If the App is no longer supported for your Device, you may not be able to use the App or all of its Features.
10.5 Upon termination of this agreement, your licence to use the App immediately ends and you must delete the App from your Device.
10.6 You can delete the App from your Device at any time but that does not delete your Starbucks Account.
10.8 Once you delete your Starbucks Account, you will no longer be able to use it to log in the App (or other Starbucks services), and you will no longer have access to any information relating to that Starbucks Account.
10.9 If a Starbucks Account is deleted with a positive Starbucks Card balance, that amount will not be recoverable once the Starbucks Account is deleted.
10.10 Termination pursuant to this section 10 will not affect any rights or remedies which a party may have otherwise under these Terms and Conditions or at law.
10.11 All provisions of these Terms and Conditions that by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, indemnities and limitations of liability.
11. Your Statutory Rights
11.1 YOU MAY HAVE STATUTORY RIGHTS AND WARRANTIES UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, INCLUDING CONSUMER GUARANTEES UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW, WHICH CANNOT LAWFULLY BE EXCLUDED AND NOTHING IN THIS DOCUMENT HAS THE EFFECT OF EXCLUDING, RESTRICTING OR MODIFYING SUCH STATUTORY RIGHTS, WARRANTIES OR CONSUMER GUARANTEES.
11.2 All implied terms, conditions, guarantees and warranties which otherwise might apply to or arise out of these Terms and Conditions are excluded other than:
- those set out in these Terms and Conditions; and
- any term, condition, guarantee or warranty which cannot lawfully be excluded or modified by agreement under applicable laws including those under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (Non-excludable Terms).
11.3 If a party is liable for a breach of a Non-excludable Term, where it is permissible under applicable law to limit liability for such Non-excludable Term, the party’s liability is limited to (at the breaching party’s option):
- in the case of goods, including the App and its Features (to the extent the App and Features are considered goods under applicable law) – repairing, replacing or supplying equivalent goods, or paying the cost of any of those remedies to you; or
- in the case of services, including the App and its Features (to the extent the App and Features are considered services under applicable law) supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
12.1 While Starbucks tries to ensure that information in the App is up to date and accurate, from time to time there may be errors in the information presented in the App, whether due to mistake or malicious attacks. Starbucks will correct the errors as soon as it is aware of them. Starbucks reserves the right to cancel, reverse or correct any transactions or activities on the App that are affected by the error. Please contact Starbucks if you have been disadvantaged directly because of the error.
12.2 Starbucks does not warrant that the App or any of the Features will be available at all times or when you require them, or will operate without disruption.
12.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law and except as expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions, in no event will Starbucks, nor its directors, employees, contractors, agents, partners or any other party involved in creating, publishing, hosting, supporting or maintaining the App, be liable for any loss, cost or damage under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise suffered or arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and/or your use of or inability to use the App or any of the Features. This applies, without limitation, to any loss or damage which you may suffer as a result of:
- errors, interruptions, any failure to provide the functionality of the App or a Feature or any failure to complete any transaction;
- unavailability of the App or its Features (for any period);
- any incompleteness or inaccuracy of information in the App;
- corruptions to or loss of data;
- any bugs, viruses, Trojans, or the like (regardless of the source of origination);
- acts or omissions of any third party (including other users of the App and retail partners of Starbucks);
- mistaken transactions within the App;
- unauthorised use or misuse of your Starbucks Account for any reason (including as a result of the loss or theft of your Device) where Starbucks has not received written notice of cancellation in accordance with section 2.2(3); and
- any Pre-Authorisation Holds (if applicable).
12.4 Subject to clause 12.5, Starbucks accepts liability to you for loss or damage incurred by you as a direct result of Starbucks’s gross negligence, fraud or wilful misconduct in connection with the App.
12.5 To the maximum extent permitted by law, where Starbucks is liable to you for any loss, damage, liability or expense arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and/or your use of or inability to use the App and any of the Features (on any basis), Starbucks’s liability is limited to the sum of AUD$10.
This limitation does not apply to:
- your rights and remedies in respect of Non-Excludable Terms;
- any items that you may purchase using the App.
12.6 You will indemnify Starbucks against any claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities, expenses or legal proceedings that Starbucks may suffer or incur as a result of any unauthorised access to your Starbucks Account and/or your use of the App in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any third party terms.
12.7 You acknowledge that the App is provided at no charge and accordingly the exclusions of liability and indemnity set out in this section 12 are fair and reasonable.
13. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
13.1 Subject to the remainder of this section 13, we may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time by publishing an updated version in the App (which may coincide with an update to the App itself). Your continued use of the App following publication of updated Terms and Conditions confirms your acceptance of the updated Terms and Conditions.
13.2 The changes we can make to these Terms and Conditions, without prior notice or your authorisation, are limited to changes:
- to reflect updates to the functionality, security, options and Features available on the App;
- to reflect third party terms and conditions that apply to Starbucks and/or the App;
- corrections and other minor changes;
- that are generally beneficial to, or do not have any adverse impact on, users of the App; and/or
- that are required to reflect changes to applicable law.
13.3 For other changes, Starbucks will request your confirmation, via the App, that you agree to the updated Terms and Conditions. You are not required to agree to these changes, but you may not be able to use the App if you do not agree to them.
14.1 You must comply with any additional terms and conditions brought to your attention in the App, when you are registering your Starbucks Account or using the App.
14.2 You must not use the App for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner that is contrary to the reasonable expected use case of the App (such as probing or seeking to bypass any security measures).
14.3 You must not do anything Starbucks reasonably considers to be disreputable to its brands and name.
14.4 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or removed to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
14.5 The failure of Starbucks to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of that right or any other rights that Starbucks may have.
14.6 You warrant and represent that the following statements are true and correct:
- you are not located in a country that is subject to an embargo by the governments of the United States of America or the Commonwealth of Australia or in a country that has been designated by the United States of America or the Commonwealth of Australia as a “terrorist supporting” country; and
- you are not included on any list of prohibited or restricted parties by the governments of the United States of America or the Commonwealth of Australia.
Starbucks reserves the right to block or reverse any transactions in order to comply with counter terrorism finance and sanctions laws.
14.7 These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of Victoria, Australia.
14.8 These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Starbucks.
15.1 How do I contact Starbucks?
The FAQs in the App may answer your question. For any other questions, complaints or claims in relation to the App and/or Features please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ tool in the App or at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PART B – TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO FEATURES THAT THE STARBUCKS REWARDS APP MAY OFFER
Below we set out Terms and Conditions that apply to certain Features that Starbucks may, in its sole discretion, offer through the App, from time to time.
Starbucks may make other Features available or change the Features described below at any time.
16 Starbucks Rewards Terms and Conditions
16.1 To participate in our “Starbucks Rewards” program (Loyalty Program), you must have a Starbucks Account.
16.2 The Loyalty Program operates as follows:
- you scan your Starbucks Card each time you visit our Starbucks Stores in Australia and purchase a Handcrafted Beverage. Each purchase of a Handcrafted Beverage earns Stars. The App will keep track of the number of Stars you earn;
- following your 10th such purchase, the App will present you with a reward that is redeemable at Starbucks stores in Australia (or a choice between multiple rewards) (Reward), along with applicable additional terms; and
- you can save the Reward and redeem it.
16.3 Stars can only be earned and Rewards redeemed in a Starbucks Store in Australia.
- ACCRUING STARS
- Stars are earned at the rate of one (1) star for every Handcrafted Beverage purchased at a Starbucks Store where the Starbucks Card associated with your Starbucks Account is scanned in the same transaction.
- Handcrafted Beverage excludes any bottled or pre-prepared beverage.
- Stars cannot be earned on purchases of:
- food, merchandise, or Coffee for Home products;
- Starbucks merchandise online;
- Starbucks branded goods or services from any other retailer, outlet or country; or
- Handcrafted Beverages ordered via Uber Eats or any other online delivery provider.
- Stars accrue to a maximum of nine (9) before automatically converting to a Reward after the 10th Handcrafted Beverage is purchased.
- Expiration: Stars do not have an expiration date.
- From time to time, we, or others acting with our permission, may offer you opportunities to earn additional “Bonus Stars” through special promotions. These promotional Bonus Stars will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in such promotional offer.
- EARNING REWARDS
- The Rewards that are available to you through the Loyalty Program are redeemable at Starbucks stores in Australia and are based on:
- The number of Stars that you earn. Stars will accumulate to a total of nine (9) before a Reward is automatically issued to your Starbucks Account on your 10th Handcrafted Beverage purchase.
- Predetermined conditions such as a birthday, App sign up anniversary date, or other conditions to be determined by Starbucks in its sole discretion.
- Promotional activations as determined by Starbucks in its sole discretion.
- Rewards are subject to individual expiration dates based on the Reward type. For example, a Buy 9 Get 1 Reward expires 12 months after date of issue. The oldest accrued Reward will be used first for redemptions in Starbucks Stores. You are able to select your preferred Reward for redemption within the App.
- Birthday Reward: On the first day of the month of your Birthday (as indicated in your Starbucks Account) you will be issued a Free Beverage Reward. A Birthday Reward can be redeemed on any beverage of your choice free of charge (including extras, alternative milks, upsizes, etc.)
- The Rewards that are available to you through the Loyalty Program are redeemable at Starbucks stores in Australia and are based on:
16.4 Participation in the Loyalty Program is entirely optional, and you do not need to scan your Starbucks Card when you visit our Starbucks Stores.
16.5 Starbucks reserves the right to change, modify, discontinue or cancel the Loyalty Program or any part of the Loyalty Program, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice to you.
17. Starbucks Rewards Account Balance OR “Starbucks Pay”
17.1 Paying for your purchase
- You can pay for your purchases in Starbucks Stores and through the App using your balance in your Starbucks Account.
- You can link a credit card to your Starbucks Account, and use it to pay directly for your order through the App.
- You can scan your Starbucks Card and earn Stars or redeem Rewards, then complete your transaction via a tender type of your choice in Starbucks Stores, including cash, credit card, debit card or mobile wallet.
- Starbucks may add or remove available payment methods at any time in its sole discretion.
17.2 Topping Up Via Linked Payment Method
You can add balance to your Starbucks Account in pre-determined or custom increments using a credit card linked to your Starbucks Account.
17.3 Topping Up In Store
You can add balance to your Starbucks Account in pre-determined or custom increments in any Starbucks Store using any of the accepted tender types (cash, debit or credit card, Apple or Google Pay).
17.4 Your Account Balance
- Payments via the App are processed by our third party provider and are pursuant to the following conditions:
- You must be fully entitled to use your nominated payment method.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your nominated payment method details are valid and up to date and that sufficient funds or credit facilities are available at the time of payment processing to cover the purchase.
- Payment for orders will be processed immediately.
- We reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment details before approving your payment and carry out security checks from time to time. If your nominated payment method triggers fraud prevention protocols (i.e. your credit or debit card has expired, has been reported stolen by your bank) or where your nominated payment method is unable to be used for any other reason, your transaction may be rescinded. You will be notified via the App that your payment was unsuccessful.
- Starbucks does not see nor store details of your nominated payment methods. All payment information is collected, processed and stored by our third party service provider in order for your transactions to be processed as required.
- Starbucks reserves the right to investigate all accounts where we suspect incorrect or fraudulent activity has occurred. If we reasonably suspect fraud or illegality, we reserve the right to place a hold on your account and prevent it being used. We can prevent an account being used where we reasonably believe that allowing it to be used may cause harm to any person (including us or a Starbucks Store). If we reasonably believe that value loaded to an account is the result of any fraud or illegality, we can cancel that value at any time without liability to the holder of the account. We will consider in good faith any information from the holder of the account to show that value has been loaded lawfully.
- You are not required to pay GST on the value loaded to your account. However, GST will be included in the value of any goods and services you obtain using your account.
- Your Starbucks Account can have a balance of no more than AUD $500. A reload transaction will not be processed if it would cause this limit to be exceeded.
- The maximum amount of a single reload transaction is AUD$200.
- Your Starbucks Account is not a deposit facility. You are able to use the balance to obtain goods and services at Starbucks Stores, but you have no other rights to use value that are not expressly provided in these Conditions. In particular, there is no right to receive monetary value or cash in exchange for value loaded to your Starbucks Account – you cannot ask us to return any amount loaded to your account to you (subject to your rights under consumer protection laws).
- Starbucks does not charge fees or charges for the issue of a gift card or for loading funds to your Starbucks Account.
- However, there may be fees and charges associated with the method by which you choose to load funds in your Starbucks Account. These fees and charges may be subject to change, but you will be notified of these fees and charges prior to being charged.
WHILE WE MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE AND TIMELY INFORMATION ABOUT STARBUCKS COFFEE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (‘STARBUCKS’) ON THIS SITE, YOU SHOULD NOT ASSUME THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE OR THAT THIS SITE CONTAINS ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AVAILABLE ABOUT STARBUCKS. IN PARTICULAR, IF YOU ARE MAKING AN INVESTMENT DECISION REGARDING STARBUCKS, PLEASE CONSULT A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT SOURCES.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK. Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this site are protected as the copyrights, trade dress, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Starbucks and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates or by other parties that have licensed their material to Starbucks.
All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Your use of the materials included on this site is for informational purposes only. You agree you will not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, display or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of this site in any way. You may not copy, distribute or display materials on this site or any part of it to third parties. You may not link to or mirror any part of this site. No other use, reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written permission. Any infringement of these rights will result in appropriate legal action. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Starbucks for any and all unauthorised uses you may make of any material on the site. You acknowledge the unauthorised use of the contents could cause irreparable harm to Starbucks and that in the event of an unauthorised use, Starbucks shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
FEEDBACK AND SUBMISSIONS. You agree you are and shall remain solely responsible for the contents of any submissions you make, and you will not submit material that is unlawful, defamatory, abusive or obscene. You agree that you will not submit anything to the site that will violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s).
While we appreciate your interest in Starbucks, we do not want and cannot accept any ideas you consider to be proprietary regarding designs, product technology or other suggestions you may have developed. Consequently, any material you submit to this site will be deemed a grant of a royalty free non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, display, transmit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute these materials throughout the universe in any medium and through any methods of distribution, transmission and display whether now known or hereafter devised. In addition, you warrant that all so-called “moral rights” have been waived.
LINKS. Some links on the site will allow you to connect with sites that are not under our control. Starbucks is providing these links only as a convenience. The appearance of a link does not imply Starbucks endorsement, nor is Starbucks responsible for the contents of any linked site. You access them at your own risk.
DISCLAIMER. Starbucks is not liable to you or any third party for any errors or delays in the content of the web sites or for any actions taken in reliance on it. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, Starbucks will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the content contained in these web sites or from your access of other material on the Internet via web links from these sites. Starbucks does not seek to limit liability in respect of fraudulent misrepresentation nor in respect of death or personal injury directly caused by their negligence. Starbucks uses reasonable skill and care in developing this site but does not give any warranty as to its accuracy, availability or reliability nor does Starbucks guarantee that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that this site or its server will be free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected even if Starbucks is aware of them.
MINORS. Starbucks asks that parents supervise their children while online.
APPLICABLE LAW. These terms and conditions are governed and will be interpreted in accordance with English Law and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Australian courts.